Award Winning Chili!
Who doesn’t like that perfect blend of beans, savory meat, and spices known as CHILI! Well I’m going to share with you my award winning chili recipe that has won the first place award in a chili cook-off and has won over my friends and family! This recipe is so easy it will make your head spin! It only takes about 15 minutes to cook and with a side of cornbread it’s the perfect quick meal that tastes great.
* Remember that the longer you let this chili stew over the oven, the spicier it gets!
- French’s “Chili-O” pack of seasoning
- Tabasco sauce (mild= 1 teaspoon, medium=1 tablespoons, and burning your mouth hot=2 tablespoons)
- 1 lb of ground meat (turkey can be substituted, but does not taste as good!)
- Chili powder (3 tablespoons)
- White rice (2.5 cups of rice)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 un-drained can of diced tomatoes
- 1 un-drained can of dark red kidney beans
This recipe serves about 4-5 people so if your having a big group over or if your cooking for a chili cook-off, I recommend you double the recipe except for the French’s “Chili-O” pack of seasoning. Just do 1.5 packets.
- First cook your 1 lb. of meat in a frying pan and rinse out the grease.
- Place the meat in a large pot and put in the French’s “Chili-O” pack of seasoning, Tabasco sauce, chili powder, can of tomatoes (do not drain) and the can of kidney beans (do not drain as well). Let this simmer as long as you want to in the pot or in a crock pot.
- Boil your rice as directed on the bag.
- (Optional) Bake cornbread for the side item (I recommend Jiffy)
- When the chili has stewed to your liking, place of rice, top with cheddar cheese and enjoy!