Ham and cream cheese are two classic ingredients that just go perfectly together. I cannot remember a single time in which I’ve prepared this mouth-watering appetizer and, practically in seconds, every last crumb hasn’t vanished from the serving plate. Trust me, people will love it. Whether I’m talking about adults, kids, or adults that still act like kids… There is no way you could make this simple recipe and not have mouths literally watering. (Hah, mine is watering as I type…)
A typical serving size, as I will illustrate below, is 4 individuals. Simply double up (or triple, why don’t cha!) the amount of ingredients, and go ham, so to speak. The best part about this recipe is that it is carb-free! YES! Save the carbs for later.
- 1-pound of sliced ham (pre-cut or deli-sliced fresh; whichever you prefer!)
- 7-ounces cream cheese (I normally go with non-fat!)
- Green onions, finely chopped (to taste)
- 1-teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Ensure that the cream cheese is softened beforehand. Remove the cream cheese from its original packaging and place the cream cheese in a microwaveable bowl. Use the microwave and set it on “soften” mode for just a few seconds to get it just right.
- In the same bowl, add the finely chopped green onions garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Fold the spices into the cream cheese.
- Separate out one slice of ham and slightly soak up some of the juices on either side with a paper towel.
- Apply a smooth, thin and even layer of the cream cheese mixture on the slice of ham.
- Once the desired amount is added onto the slice of ham, simply roll it up, and slice the ham roll-up into the perfect bite size pieces. (Normally, I get up to 3 bite sizes from 1 ham roll.)
- OPTIONAL: Dress it up! Stick a cute decorative toothpick through the center of each bite-size roll.
- Repeat steps 1-5 as needed to fill up a nice serving plate!
And enjoy! Once you get comfortable enough with the basics of this ham roll up recipe, you must be sure to try to add in all sorts of other flavors to your heart’s desire. If you do happen to try out a few tweaks to the recipe, I’d love to see a photo of your food creation in the comments.