The first time I’ve heard of the combination of crab meat and artichokes, I was hooked. It was completely by accident, too. I was at the grocery store, and I had bought many of the same items twice. I could’ve sworn someone was playing some sort of silly game. Nonetheless, I am super stoked to list out the steps to making this awesome dip. Pair it with your favorite baked chips, and everyone is good to go.
- 14-ounce can artichoke hearts with water, drained
- 1-pound crab meat, your preference
- 6-tablespoons sour cream (I used reduced fat, but it’s really up to you)
- 6-tablespoons light mayo
- 1/3-cup parmesan cheese
- 3/4-cup shredded cheese
- 2-tablespoons chives
- 1 to 2 teaspoons tabasco sauce
- 1-teaspoon lemon juice
- Heat up the oven to 400 degrees.
- Open up the can of artichoke hearts, and then drain out the excess water. Take each artichoke heart and finely chop it up.
- In a medium bowl, add the artichoke hearts and mix well with sour cream, light mayo, cheese, chives, tabasco sauce, and lemon juice.
- Transfer all contents of the bowl to a baking dish.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake through for 30 minutes or until all of the cheese is visibly melted with a golden surface.
- Finally, serve warm with chips, vegetables, or crackers of your choice!
The best thing about this one is you can eat a portion now, and then pack up the rest and freeze it for later. Even second and third leftovers is just as wonderfully delicious as the first. The second best thing is that literally any type of cracker and chip that I tried the dip with was amazing! As long as you love all of the ingredients in this one, you won’t forget it.