As simple as it may appear, these wonderfully stacked mozzarella balls and tomatoes are what you’re secretly wishing for. Know one’s ever said simple had to be bland and unappetizing. I have news for you: This. Is Appetizing. Hence, it is an appetizer recipe. I know you want to make all of these just for you to devour all on your own (I can see it in your eyes!), but this recipe is meant to be shared with among 20 people.
- 2-tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3-cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 lemon peel, zested into thin strips and then finely chopped
- 20 mozzarella balls, drained
- 20 cherry tomatoes, tops removed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 20 cocktail sticks
- In a large mixing bowl, add in basil, zest, and olive oil.
- To taste, sprinkle in salt and pepper, as desired, and combine evenly.
- Place all of the mozzarella balls into the bowl and roll them around to cover them entirely with the spices.
- Carefully stick a cocktail stick through one cherry tomato and then top it with a mozzarella ball. You will end up with 20 mozzarella tomato sticks!
As you craft together one cocktail stick at a time, be very mindful of the sharp ends of the cocktail sticks and plan out how you will arrange them on a serving plate. This appetizer dish will disappear as quickly as you prepared them! Please share your comments and love in the section below.